One of the main activities of the SRI FRCEC is a comprehensive analysis of the scope of research and development to identify and specify the priority areas of research and the formation of subjects of specific research papers.
The main attention is paid to the development of scientific and methodological bases, organizational, information and software expert-analytical researches with the involvement of experts of scientific and technological sphere. To successfully conduct the expert-analytical research the SRI FRCEC has created the Federal Roster of Experts in the scientific and technological sphere.
The ongoing research is aimed at improving the effectiveness of decision-making in the management of scientific-technological complex of the Russian Federation by providing the governing bodies with the scientific-analytical information obtained by the expert community.
The analytical research results are implemented in the information-analytical materials on the state, tendencies and forecasts of development of science and technologies in Russia and abroad, Russian and foreign systems of management of scientific-technological and innovation activities, competence centers in the important and promising areas of research and the methodological recommendations on comprehensive analysis of the scope of research and development and information sources.
WITHIN THE RANKS OF THIS AREA THE FOLLOWING WORK IS PERFORMED:
- collection, processing, storage and analysis of information about the state of the fields of research, development and innovation derived from domestic and foreign sources;
- communication, coordination, organizational and methodological support of analytical work of the expert community of scientific and technological sphere in the preparation of proposals for priority research areas;
- monitoring and identifying the priority areas of research and development in Russia and the world, analysis of trends and results of development in various fields of science and technology for the purpose of creating the specific problem-oriented research topics;
- evaluation of forecasts of development of domestic and foreign scientific and technological capabilities for the development of proposals for elaboration of the priority directions of development of science, technology and engineering in the Russian Federation;
- preparing informative and analytical documents on state and prospects of development of Russian and foreign spheres of research, development and innovation;
- development of proposals on priority themes of specific research topics and development objectives of the thematic planning of research and development on priority directions of development of scientific and innovation complex of the country within the framework of the Federal target programs;
- maintaining and updating of database information system for preparation of analytical documents on situation in research and development and proposals on priority directions of development of science and technology;
- study the ways of improving the scientific, technological and innovative activity, information-analytical support of decision making in the management of research efforts, R&D on priority directions of development the scientific-technological complex of the Russian Federation;
- participation in activities for the analytical research, scientific-technological, innovative and expert activities in the field of research and development within the scientific community;
- monitoring and analysis of development of innovation infrastructure and innovation activities, including support of small innovative business, in Federal educational institutions of higher education of the Russian Federation;
- monitoring the research activities of young Russian scientists and leading scientific schools – winners of grants and scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation.